A Suburb Profile of Yeronga, Brisbane
Once referred to by locals as Brisbane’s well-kept secret, Yeronga is situated along the Brisbane River, 7km south of Brisbane’s Central Business District. It’s a small community with only a little over 5,500 residents, but it’s been growing since 2018.
Read on to find out all about Yeronga, everything you need to know if you're considering it for your new neighborhood and why it could be a good idea to consider a Colorbond roof replacement when you move there.
The median price for houses in Yeronga is $900,000. The median price for units is $440,000.
On average, houses in Yeronga are rented for $484/week.The median weekly rental price for units is $400/week.
House prices in Yeronga have increased by 11.79% in the last 3 years. Unit prices here have increased by 3.76% in the same period.
Houses in Yeronga usually take up to 133 days to be sold. Units here take up to 84 days.
In general, the demand for Yeronga property is high, averaging 488 visits per property on RealEstate.com.
Most of Yeronga’s residents (47%) are made up of 3 groups of people:
- “Independent Youth” (18.3%)
- “Maturing and Established Independence” (14.7%)
- Older Couples and Families (14%)
Local Amenities (All Within 3km)Health Care
- Long Pocket Hospital
- Brisbane Allied Health Centre
- Buranda Medical Centre
- Ipswich Road Medical Centre Pharmacy
- Moorooka Day And Night Pharmacy
- Chemist Warehouse
- Qld X-Ray Annerley
- Moorooka Chiropractic Centre
- Hillcrest Nursing Home
- Huntingtower Convelacient Home
- Annerley Nursing Home
- MS Society
- Veterinarian Cam Day Consulting
- Veterinarian Day Cam
- Panorama Lodge
- Granston Lodge Cedar Lodge
- St. Angelas Hostel
Education and Child Care
- Yeronga School
- Yeronga West School
- Yeronga State School
- Yeronga State High School
- Yeronga West College
- Enoggera College
- Annerley School
- Richlands School
- Moorooka State School
- Dutton Park State School
- Junction Park State School
- Tennyson Special School
- 3 Police stations
- Annerley Fire Station
- CSRIO St. Lucia (Queensland Bioscience Precinct)
- CSRIO Indooroopilly (Long Pocket Laboratories)
- CSRIO Science Education Centre
- Migration services
- AM radio tower
Sports and Recreation
- Skating rinks
- Gyms and fitness centres
- Golf ranges, courses and clubs
- Fishing and angling
- Swimming pools
- Yoga centre
- Tennyson Scout Group
- Pamphlett Sea Scout Group
- Clifton Hill Scout Group
- Aikido Yoshinkan Brisbane Dojo
- Moolabin Creek
- Tour guides and sightseeing
- Variety of nearby shops and shopping centres
- Plus a lot more
Why Consider Colorbond Roof Replacement in Yeronga?
If you move to Yeronga, you may need a Colorbond roof replacement to make sure your new home can withstand the potentially harsh climate.
As part of The Sunshine State, Yeronga's climate can get pretty hot. The temperature averages 20°C to 29°C, but it can go as high as 37.9°C or drop as low as 12.2°C.
It’s not only high heat that you need to watch out for once you move to Yeronga. Like the rest of Brisbane, there is potentially dangerous storms and high rainfall, particularly in the summer months. Yeronga receives 130+mm to 150+mm of rainfall every month.
Such conditions can do significant damage to your roof in the long run. If you get a Colorbond roof replacement, it will help to protect you and your home, by being water and heat resistant as well as long-lasting.