Thinking of Hanging Christmas Lights This Year?
What do I need to hang my Christmas lights?
Hanging Christmas lights on your roof requires a few key materials.
- Lights (such as rope lights, light-up figurines, pendant lights etc)
- Safety harness (if you're planning on installing light displays on top of your roof)
- Extension cords (make sure you purchase one a bit longer than you think you'll need)
- Tools for attaching lights to your roof (see our list below)
- And most importantly, a second person to spot you. Never hang Christmas light or anything else from your roof without having someone close by.
Tin roof replacement's are becoming more popular these days, especially before summer and the Christmas season. Because as you know, summer is also storm season.
Homeowners also like tin roofs because they can be easier and safer to install and hang Christmas lights and decorations from.
Installing lights on your tin roof the simple way:
- Use hooks with suction cups
- Use heavy duty magnetic hooks
- For tricky roof spots, use badge holders with magnets
- Use waterproof tapes
Now that you have an idea of hanging your Christmas lights this season, take a look at some of the advantages of tin roof replacements and Colorbond roofs. It will make installing your Christmas decorations that much easier next year.
Here are some advantages of tin roof replacement:
- Lasts 50 to 75 years or more
- Reflects heat which makes your home cooler
- Less leaking compared to tiles
- One of the sturdiest metal roofing materials
December is the start of summer in Queensland, so a tin roof replacement is a good idea to bring down cooling costs. Not to mention it’s fireproof, which protects your home on the off chance that your Christmas light bulbs are defective (you’ll never know, it's better safe than sorry). Make sure you buy sturdy and well-made Christmas lights to avoid any mishaps.
Some of the advantages of Colorbond roofs include:
- Comes in a variety of hues
- Has a contemporary appearance
- Stable in high winds
- No need for painting
- Lower upkeep
- Lessens warming and cooling cost
You can attach your Christmas decorations and lights in the same way as your tin roofs. If you have these types of roofs, you don’t have to spend long hours installing and removing Christmas lights. Phew!